Monday, April 2, 2012

Completed Display & Craft Room Pics





Hello again!  I'm now officially a Creative Chemistry Graduate!  I'm sad that the class is over, but so glad that I was able to participate!  It sure was a fun-filled two weeks.  Now I can get back to a normal (okay, normal for me...) sleep schedule since I won't be waiting up until midnight to start the new lessons.

Tim taught me so many helpful things and beautiful techniques.  Many of the techniques were things that I'd seen before in one form or another, but it was the detail that he went into and the explanations behind why things work the way they do, that I will most take with me in the future.  I feel like I am much more knowledgeable about Ranger products and inks and stamping in general. 

I got my degree in Studio Art just about 3 years ago.  I loved studying art full-time, but I know that I can never go back to that time in my life.  This experience has helped me relive that a little and to realize once again that we NEVER stop learning.  I hope that Tim will teach many more of these types of classes (after he recovers from this one!) because I can't wait to do this again!

Below are pictures of my completed butterfly display & some pictures of my craft room.  I'll do a better tour sometime soon:


All 25 Techniques that we learned in class are represented and labeled in this display, so I'll just be able to look up above my work space and get inspiration!
I added a little hook on the wall to hang my tags so that I can just reach up and grab them whenever I feel like it.  I figured if I put them in a drawer they might get damaged and used less often.



 









5 comments:

  1. What a fabby idea! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the tags! Just Fabulous idea & Butterflies are so representative of the transformations it gave us. Congrats on your Arts Degree too btw. TFS pics of your crafty space. Much inspiration...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea with the butterfly idea grid. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like what you did with your display! Great idea. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Tanya! I may have to try one of these myself...it would make a great reference tool. Nice to see a fellow Hoosier that took the Creative Chemistry class. I live in Columbus, IN - not too far away. Hope to check in on your blog from time to time. Wonder if you have ever been to Wishful Thinking in Nashville, IN. It is a great store. If you haven't been before you should check it out. I teach classes there sometimes. Nice to cyber meet you!

    ReplyDelete