Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Creative Chemistry Days 1 & 2



Yesterday I started the Creative Chemistry 101 Class with Tim Holtz from www.onlinecardclasses.com.  This is a class that covers the science behind a lot of Ranger products, especially the Distress line, and gives techniques for how to use them.  You can still sign up at any time.  I'd definitely recommend it if you want to know more about a lot of the techniques that you may have seen Tim use in other blogs and videos.

On Day 1, we learned about terminology, inks and surfaces.  It was very helpful information for anybody who works with inks, even if they don't use Ranger products.

Today, Day 2, we began the first product, Distress Ink Pads, and learned some techniques to use them.

Here are my tags with the 3 techniques and an extra tag that has all of the techniques combined on it:



For the 3 Technique Tags: The left-most tag is the Blended Distress/Spritz & Flick, the center is Wrinkle-Free Distress, and the right tag is the Brushless Watercolor.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't do a lot more to the tags so that I can use them for inspiration in the future, since Tim has provided us with a PDF with instructions to glue on the back of the tag.

Here are some individual shots:



Had some trouble with the Wrinkle-Free Tags...  or maybe I did them right and just don't really love the technique.  I've tried this technique (where you push your tag into ink on your mat sprayed with water) before and had just as murky results.  Tim's always looks so great, though!




That's all for now!  I'll let you know tomorrow how Day 3 goes--it's about Archival Ink!


No comments:

Post a Comment